Wow! February is already over! Spring is nearing. The year just began last month and yet it’s moving along so quickly. I don’t know whether or not I want 2017 to slow down or keep going as is. Anyway, this month was pretty quite for me on the reading front but after my impromptu reading break, I’m ready to dive back in and read my heart out in March. My favorite read this month was the graphic novel adaptation of Octavia Butler’s Kindred. This is a must read. I also went to the movies for the first time in awhile and saw Get Out. If you haven’t made your way to the theater to see that movie yet, you need to. I’m also almost caught up on the DVR and am really enjoying Legion. Anyone else absolutely loving this show?! Humans has come back strong with its sophomore season and the final season of Bates Motel is a trip! Anyway, here’s my February in a nutshell!
* Gardenia by Kelsey Sutton
* On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis
* Starflight by Melissa Landers
* Loving the University: a short story by Barry Lyga
* Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller
* Gravity by Melissa West
Movie, Blu-ray, DVD, & TV Reviews
* TV: 24 Legacy (Fox) Series Premiere
* TV: Face Off All Stars (Syfy) Episodes 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105
* Documentary: Bright Lights Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds
* In celebration of Black History Month, I shared 28 Black documentaries, movies, and TV shows currently available to stream on Netflix!
* Spring begins next month! That means it’s time for an all new reading challenge…Spring for Standalones! I’m ready to make a dent in my TBR, specifically standalone novels! Feel free to join in!
* I shared my favorite book covers of the 2017 Winter releases!
* Have you seen the latest Netflix Original Comedy, Santa Clarita Diet starring Drew Barrymore? I share my favorite quotes from season one here!
Books I Read
If you’d like to keep track of my reading progress as it happens and reviews as they are posted, feel free to follow me on Goodreads!
Library Books (Physical & E-books) That I Read:
1. Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Octavia E. Butler, Illustrations by John Jennings, Adapted by Damian Duffy
2. The Walking Dead, Vol. 24: Life and Death by Robert Kirkman, Illustrations by Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Stefano Gaudiano
3. The Walking Dead, Vol. 25: No Turning Back by Robert Kirkman, Illustrations by Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, Stefano Gaudiano
My favorite book this month: Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Octavia E. Butler, Illustrations by John Jennings, Adapted by Damian Duffy
Movies & Documentaries I Watched
Watched in February 2017
The Girl on the Train (On Demand)
Get Out (Movie Theater)
Bright Lights Starring Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds (Received Screener)
Sully (Netflix DVD)
My favorite movie this month: All of the movies/docs that I saw this month were winners! That’s rare!
Until next month, happy reading and viewing!